Securus Technologies, a leader in civil and criminal justice technology has recently released a number of comments they have received on the benefits of their products and services to the prison system. They protected the names and identifying information from being exposed, but some of the comments include:
- A comment from a prison personnel on how they were able to arrest a corrupt employee by intercepting phone calls inside the prison. The employee was bringing in contraband to the inmates.
- In another situation, calls were monitored allowing for the discovery of alcohol and drugs being sold inside the facility. There were calls intercepted leading to information about money being transferred inside the prison as well.
- Other comments also pointed to the ability prison officials have in controlling contraband in the facilities, due to being able to control phone conversations and other communications channels.
- Many commented that they felt that the products and services Securus provides keeps the environment safer for all involved with the system.
- Authorities were recently able to listen in on an inmate talking with another inmate and hear two siblings talking. The older one was explaining to the younger one what to say if questioned about a recent shooting. The conversations help solve crimes.
These are just a few comments that administrators and employees have sent in explaining how helpful the technology provided by Securus Technologies has been for them. Securus, provides technology specifically designed for use in the criminal justice system. It helps maintain safety, improve investigations, monitor activity and increase safety inside prisons.
Securus is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. They serve public safety, law enforcement agencies, and over 1.2 million inmates across the U.S. They provide emergency response systems, public information, biometric analysis, communications, monitoring services and more